|X-FR| Xtrem French AvP3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

Snow smacks U.S. Northeast; 3 million without power

Go down

Snow smacks U.S. Northeast; 3 million without power Empty Snow smacks U.S. Northeast; 3 million without power

Post  youshiyinianla Mon 31 Oct - 9:56

Millions of people in the U.S. Northeast were without power as an unseasonably early storm dumped heavy, wet snow over the weekend on a region more used to gaping at leaves in October than shovelling snow.

The snow was due to stop falling in the northeastern New England cheap jerseysstates late on Sunday, but it could be days before many of the more than 3 million without electricity see it restored, officials warned.

At least three deaths were blamed on wholesale jerseys the weather, and states of emergency were declared in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and parts of New York.

The storm worsened as it moved north, and communities in western Massachusetts were among the hardest hit. Snowfall totals topped 27 inches in Plainfield, and nearby Windsor had gotten 26 inches by early on Monday.

Compounding the storm’s impact were still-leafy trees, which gave cheap nfl jerseys the snow something to hang onto and that put tremendous weight on branches, said National Weather Service spokesman Chris Vaccaro.

That led to limbs breaking off and contributed to the widespread power outages. The 750,000 who lost power in Connecticut broke a record for the state that was set when the remnants of Hurricane Irene hit the state in August.

People could be without electricity for as long as a week, said Gov Dannel P. Malloy.

This outage will be worse than the one cheap nfl jerseys caused by Irene, said Peter Bloom, 70, of South Windsor, because he relies on electricity to heat his home.

“I’m going to put another blanket on. What else can I do?” he said as he gassed up a snow blower to clear his driveway. “At least I’ll save a few bucks on my electric bill.”

youshiyinianla

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum